Effective Date: January 1, 2020
Your privacy is important to us. We provide this notice to you to explain how our website collects information from you, how it is used, how it is shared, and the choices you can make about the way the information obtained through this website is collected and used.
- Personal Information We Collect Online
The list below outlines the categories of information about you that we collect, where we obtain that information and how we use such information.
- Contact Information: We collect and store names, email addresses and phone numbers from users who may provide their information on this Site to subscribe to our newsletters, request a brochure or email us.
- Credit Applications: If you submit a credit application to Milestone through the Online Credit Application or make a payment via E-Bill Express, we collect and store information including, but not limited to, names, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, addresses, social security numbers, and dates of birth.
- Other Information: We collect or store personal information about you when you voluntarily provide it through this Site, the Online Credit Application, E-Bill Express or submit via electronic communications to us. Device Information and Identifiers. We collect IP addresses of devices accessing our services in our server logs, as well as information like internet domains, the date and time of a visit, and the pages accessed on the Site. If applicable, we store this information as a verification of your acceptance of the terms and conditions of Milestone’s equipment rental and leasing agreements and verification of online payments. This information is also used for diagnostic and analytic purposes in order to improve the services we provide.
- Cookies: Like most commercial websites, our Site uses a standard technology called a “cookie” to collect information regarding how site consumers utilize the Site. Cookies and local storage are data files placed within a browser on your device when the device is used to visit the Site. These technologies store a unique identifier for your device that can be used to recognize your device whenever you visit the Site, and may be used for many purposes, including, without limitation, to evaluate and improve the functionality of our Site, to help us deliver content specific to your interests, and to improve browsing experience by preserving information so users will not have to re-enter it for each visit. If you do not want to accept cookies, you can block them by adjusting the settings on your Internet browser. If you choose to disable cookies on your device, you may not be able to use all of the features of our Site, including features associated with creating a user profile or making an online booking if and when such functionality becomes available.
- “Do Not Track” Signals
Most web browsers and some mobile operating systems include a Do-Not-Track (DNT) feature or setting you can activate to signal your privacy preference not to have data about your online browsing activities monitored and collected. Our Site does currently respond to DNT browser signals or mechanisms.
- Our Use of Personal Information
We use your Personal Information in the following ways:
- to create your account,
- to communicate with you about your credit application and Milestone’s equipment rental and leasing agreements, and
- to bill you and to facilitate online payments.
We may use your Personal Information in the following ways:
- to notify you of new features or products,
- to provide you marketing communications about our new products and services,
- to provide you marketing communications about third-party products and services that we think may be of interest to you; and/or
- Protection of Personal Information
We employ the following data security tools to protect Personal Information:
- In certain areas of the Site, Milestone uses industry standard SSL encryption to enhance the security of data transmissions.
- Account information is password protected.
- We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
- We restrict access to Personal Information to select Milestone employees and third-party contractors who need to know that information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
Unfortunately, even with these measures, we cannot guarantee the security of Personal Information. By using our Site, you acknowledge and agree that we make no such guarantee, and that you use our Site at your own risk.
- How We Share and Disclose Your Personal Information
- Service Providers. We may share the Personal Information that we collect with third parties that perform functions on our behalf and our affiliate companies to provide analytics and Site usage information; process transactions and payments; to provide marketing and promotional assistance; and provide other services related to the operation of our business. When we share your Personal Information with our business partners and other authorized third-party service providers so that they can perform certain services on our behalf, these service providers may have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but are not permitted to share or use such information for any other purpose.
- Your Rights Under California Law (For California Residents)
Beginning January 1, 2020, California residents may exercise certain privacy rights pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018. Your right to submit certain requests as a California resident are described below. Please note that when submitting a request, you will be asked to provide information to verify your identity, which may include providing your name, email, and company name and authority to make the request before action is taken. You may designate an authorized agent to make the requests below on your behalf. An authorized agent must submit proof to us that he or she has been authorized by you to act on your behalf, and you will need to verify your identity directly with us.
(1) The categories of Personal Information we have collected about you.
(2) The categories of sources from which we have collected your Personal Information.
(3) The business or commercial purpose why we collected or, if applicable, sold your Personal Information.
(4) The categories of third parties with whom we shared your Personal Information.
(5) The specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you.
(6) The categories of Personal Information that we have shared with third parties about you for a business purpose.
(7) If applicable, the categories of Personal Information that we sold about you and the categories of third parties who received your personal information in the sale.
You may submit a request for the information above by calling us at 866-706-1144 or emailing us at email@example.com.
- Right To Request Deletion Of Your Personal Information: You have the right to request that we delete your Personal Information collected or maintained by us, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and verify your request, we will let you know what, if any, Personal Information we can delete from our records, and we will direct any service providers with whom we shared your personal information to also delete your Personal Information from their records. There may be circumstances where we cannot delete your Personal Information or direct service providers to delete your Personal Information from their records. For example, if we need to: (1) retain your Personal Information to complete a transaction or provide a good or service; (2) detect security incidents; (3) protect against unlawful activities; (4) identify, debug or repair errors; or (5) comply with a legal obligation.
You may submit a request to delete your Personal Information by calling us at 866-706-1144 or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Selling of Personal Information: We do not and will not sell your personal information to third parties. As such, there is no need to submit a request for us to not sell your personal information. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us at 866-706-1144 or emailing us at email@example.com.
- Right to Non-Discrimination for the Exercise of California Resident’s Privacy Rights: By exercising any of the above listed privacy rights conferred by the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, we will not discriminate against you for exercising any of these rights.
- Your Nevada Privacy Rights (For Nevada Residents)
We do not and will not sell your personal information to third parties. As such, there is no need to submit a request for us not to sell your personal information. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us at 866-706-1144 or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information
- Contact Information