The Uniform Intermodal Interchange and Facilities Access Agreement - UIIAIntermodal / Partners
It is the mission of the UIIA to promote intermodal productivity and operating efficiencies through the development of uniform industry processes and procedures governing the interchange of intermodal equipment between ocean carriers, railroads, equipment leasing companies and intermodal trucking companies. Benefits of participation include:
- Drastically reduces the administration of the interchange process increasing staff productivity.
- Eliminates the need of managing individual interchange contracts and Equipment Provider collecting or Motor Carriers sending separate insurance filings.
- UIIA collects insurance certificates and validates carrier against Equipment Provider’s requirements.
- Web based application offers online insurance submission that expedites the renewal process for agents submitting policy certifications for UIIA Motor Carriers.
- The UIIA Web Validator, via the Internet provides real-time Motor Carrier status information and reports 7days/week, 24 hours/day.
- UIIA manages addendum process and administers changes required by Equipment Providers.
- UIIA controls the Equipment Provider’s specific Motor Carriers as a subset of a database of more than 7,100 UIIA Motor Carriers by SCAC code and/or EP internal code.
- Random audits of Motor Carrier’s insurance policies at request of participating Equipment Providers.
- Extended Service hours of 8:00 a.m. — 8:00 p.m. during which time experienced customer service representatives are available to assist your company.
- Value Added Service available to participating Equipment Providers that provides motor carrier interchange status information directly to terminals, container yards and depots the Equipment Provider utilizes.